Friday, August 22, 2008

Can't Get Enough

A couple of weeks ago my sister, Becca, and one of my nephews, Ethan, came to visit for a week. We had such a good time. She is my best friend and I get so sad that we don't live closer to each other. I miss her like crazy, as well as the rest of my family. I've been so grateful that my parents and Becca have been to visit after Lauren's birth, and I can't wait for my parents and the rest of my family to come for the blessing next week.


Even though McKay has been quite the handful since Lauren coming (I think that's putting it mildly), there are a few things he does I can't get enough of.
McKay is so random. Danny has gone back to work, and the other day McKay asked where he was. I told him that Daddy was at work and then clarified that he was at school so McKay would know the exact place. After asking a slew of questions about basketball, bulldogs (the mascot), and gyms, he said, "Daddy wear football helmet?" I said no, but this surprised me because Danny doesn't even have a football helmet! And yesterday while we were on a walk, McKay decided he didn't want to hold his football anymore so he stuffed it down his shirt. I think this might of been because I was hold Lauren in the ring sling, but he was so surprised when the football fell out. And one more funny thing, McKay has just realized that he has more of a name than 'McKay' and so does Lauren. The other day he was calling to Lauren saying "Loren Bet" (Beth is still a little tricky) and I asked him what his name was. He replied with "PcKay Donald Pratt" (Daniel sounds like Donald in his words). I then asked what my name was. Without pause he said "Jordan." I was so surprised that I couldn't correct him. Smart boy!

And finally, I can't get enough of this little girl! I love her so much!



I don't love all the extra crying she's done this week, but I do love her little pout. She's done that since the second she was born.


We all can't enough of Danny. We thought going back to work would be nice, but we miss him terribly. We had a great summer, and are so grateful for his time at home. Good luck this year sweetheart!

And finally... this blog would not be accurate if I did not include this. I L-O-V-E, LOVED this book!! As soon as I finished reading it, I had to read it all over again. I was so happy with the ending, but so sad the Twilight series is done. Have you all heard that the movie is coming out on Nov. 21st now? I can not wait!!

15 comments:

Dan & Ashley said...

Lauren is so cute! I don't realize how much I miss the little bitty baby stage until I see one so small and realize Lincoln isn't so small anymore. I hope you guys are doing well with everything. Love ya!

Becca Jane said...

I know exactly what you mean about your sister. DeAnn has been in town from Wisconsin and it's been too fun. She flies home today and I won't see her until next summer. So sad.
Sounds like things are going well. I'm going to grill you in a few months about the realities of it though! haha! Lauren is such a cutie, look just like you! I'm glad McKay is adjusting okay!

Becca said...

She is changing so much since I left! I want to hold her so bad and wish it were easier to come up for the blessing next week. The pictures are so cute and I can't wait to see all of you again. I miss you everyday!

Our Pratt Pack said...

love the pic of Lauren right after the pouty face like she's stricken a pose. It makes me sad to think how huge she'll be by the time we get to see her!! Sorry McKay's been a booger, but the name thing is too cute!

Becca Jane said...

I think we're going to keep Cam in his crib until after the baby is born....He/She won't need the crib for a few months, so we'll see....

The Hancock Fam said...

Hi Jordan! This is Kara, just thought I'd say hello! And cute blog- VERY cute kids too!! Congrats on the new one!! :)

Laura said...

Jordan! So glad you found me - I was never sure how to "introduce oneself" to the blogging world -- like do you just jump in and wait for people to notice you or do you make an announcement or...? I think I decided to just err on the side of caution, haha..

But onto more important things - I am LOVING Lauren Beth - what a CUTIE! Hope you have a great time with your family this weekend!! Can't wait to see this adorable bundle of cuteness in person! Keep posting more pics!

Becca Jane said...

Jordan, you'll have to check out my latest baby blog post. I used Lauren as a model baby for a point I made about baby headbands!! :) Hope you don't mind!

D.Wing said...

Jordan, It was so nice to hear from you. I love pictures of your kids.They are so cute and your little girl is just adorable. Your boy is so smart. I wish Tiomsha could speak so well. I think he still mixes Russian and English is his head:) He suprises me every day as well. He's been having a bad virus this past week and it drives me crazy that his fever doesn't stop. Oh well, I just hope that Nastya doesn't catch it.
I hope you cute family is doing well.Please keep in touch, it will be always very nice to hear from you.
Natasha

Dan & Ashley said...

Hey, I tagged you on my blog so go check it out!

Ericsonfam said...

Jordan your baby girl is a doll. I saw Becca on the 24th and she told me all about her. I love your blog and being able to see your cute kids. I have just started this whole blog thing and I love it!!

Anonymous said...

She is adorable! How are you doing? Are you getting any sleep? Your family is awesome--we love you guys!

Becca Welch said...

Jordan,
I miss you... I just wanted to say Hi. Your little Lauren is so cute, congrats... when you come out lets make sure we go to lunch.
love you-Becca

hairprincess said...

Jordan! What up girl! Its been forever and a day how the heck are you doing? Looks like you are doing well I just found you on our class blog and I am so glad I did, congrats on the two kids they are beautiful I cant believe you have two! That is great! Well now we gota keep in touch!:)

Old Main Photography said...

Hey Jordan! Look at how adorable your kids are. Your family looks so happy!! You are such a good mom. And I have to say that I'm so obsessed with the twilight series too- I can't get over it. I'm sure that you've read the Midnight Sun partial draft, right?