Thursday, January 29, 2009

The biggest post yet!

Everyday since January 7th, I have been meaning to do a post. McKay turned 3 on the 7th and Lauren turned 6 months on the 13th, so I wanted to give a good update. So here we go!

I find it a little sad that my baby boy is now three years old! This last year has gone by so fast. I had planned a big party for him, but due to the worst cold of McKay's life so far and Lauren having RSV, the party was cancelled. We did have a good day at home and went to Carl's Jr. for dinner. McKay can never get enough of fries and chocolate milk (which he will only drink when we go out to eat), and Carl's Jr. has a really great play area. I think McKay's favorite gift was he new baseball glove and ball which he didn't put down for at least a whole week.

McKay is definitely a big boy now, which he reminds me of often. I do love the boy that he is though. I love how he has a mind of his own, the protective brother that he is (except at home when I am constantly telling him we don't wrestle with Baby Sister), and his curiosity. He is constantly asking what something is or what someone is doing. I also love that he loves to sing (mainly to the Dixie Chics) and has such a good memory when reading his books. I especially love how sweet McKay is. He is constantly giving hugs and kisses, telling Danny, Lauren, and me that he loves us, and saying thank you. He is such a good boy and I feel so blessed to be his mama. Have a wonderful year, McKay-O!


McKay is singing with us here. He loved blowing out his candles, but wouldn't eat the cupcakes. He wanted to get back to his new toys. This is the second year in a row where birthday cake held no merit for him.


Three years old

Two years old

One year old; this is my absolute favorite picture of him.

And day one...
Lauren is now 6 months old. She weights 11 lbs 14 oz, and is 25 inches long. I love that she's so petite. I'm not worried that she's so small because I can see that she's healthy, and her pediatrician told us that she probably lost a little weight from the RSV and will make up for it soon. I am so glad that she has recovered from the RSV. With lots of doctor visits and a trip to the e.r. I am grateful that my baby girl can breath well again. The doctor also hasn't heard the heart murmur for the last couple of visits, which gives me a little more peace. She is such a fun, sweet baby girl. She loves to be tickled, cuddled, play peek-a-boo, roll to every corner in the house and I think her skin feels like velvet. I could hold her all day long. And when I hold her, Lauren will stick her left thumb (she only sucks her left) in her mouth, and her right hand goes straight for the hair at my neck.



We waited until Lauren was all better before starting her on baby food. Here she's anticipating the new experience.

"This cereal stuff is pretty good!"

"But, I like my bib or feet more."

And the next morning... "Mom better hurry up because my morning nap waits for nothing."

12 comments:

Dan & Ashley said...

I've been checking for a new post! I'm sorry that Lauren got RSV--that's got to be scary! But I'm glad she got better and is doing well now. I love that last picture of her. She is such a beautiful girl.
McKay's 3 year old picture is pretty dang cute, too. You've got some adorable kids!
It was great to see you at Christmas. Thanks for making time to visit. Love ya!

Our Pratt Pack said...

Mckay is so cute in that pic with his candles and Lauren is such a doll. I wish I could just scoop her up... we miss you guys a ton!!

Becca Jane said...

Happy Birthday McKay! Such a grown up boy now! I still think it's funny that our kids are exactly the same distance apart...even down to the month!
Lauren is too cute, I'm so glad I got to see her. Wish we could have hung out though!

Ericson Fam said...

Mckay is getting so big. he is such a handsome little boy. I am seeing more of you in him. Lauren is so sweet. I can't believe how petite and small she is. My girls were so chunky. She is adorable and I'm glad she is feeling better. Happy birthday yesterday! I hope you had a great day.

Ben & Diane said...

RSV is the pitts. Dallin got it at 3 months and it stinks. McKay is so big and Lauren is so little. I only say that because Cami is so big. I think she weighed 16 lbs at 6 months. She made up for being preemie. Your kids are so adorable. I love that last picture of Lauren the best.

Breanna said...

Yeah for a new post! Funny how I live less than a mile away and I check your blog so often to see cute pics! Hopefully lunch works out for tomorrow. I am SO ready to get out of the house. :) Still love that Lauren sucks her thumb. And that she is smaller than Eli. What a perftly petite little girl!

Becca Jane said...

I'm glad you don't mind buying stuff....some people have been giving me grief cuz I won't learn how to make them!
I'd love for you to order some stuff. I will talk to the lady, maybe you can just make an order through her website but mention my name or something, I'll let you know!

Becca Jane said...

Jordan, she said to go ahead and place an order and just mention "Becca Wood Party" in the comments to the seller and the money will go towards my party. THANKS! Let me know what you decide to order, it's such cute stuff and her prices are awesome!

Becca said...

Ha. Ha. I'm no longer the worlds worst blogger- you are. Post something new already. :)

Becca said...

Still no new post...I'm going to leave a comment everytime I come to check and you haven't updated. I'm so annoying. That and I really love that picutre of naked, messy Lauren sucking her thumb and sleeping.

Anonymous said...

they are both so cute! I can't believe they are growing so fast. It just breaks the heart doesn't it? Half the time im saying, "I can't wait until he's older when he can...." But now that Daniel almost six Im beginning to rethink that. Im beginning to think, "Wait! Slow down! Im not ready for you to grow up yet!"

They are so great Jordan! Love them up all you can! We miss you guys too

Fremming Family said...

Mckay is so handsome, and Lauren such a cute little girl. Wow that Mckay is 3 years old. Cute pictures.