Friday, March 7, 2008

IT'S A GIRL!!!!

Yes, that's right we are having a girl! Of course we are very excited, but a little in shock. Danny and I had both convinced ourselves this baby was a boy. Watching her through the ultrasound was so much fun. She looked really good (all the right parts in the right places) and is right on track for our original due date, July 20. I was so excited to get shopping, but as we went out yesterday, I was so overwhelmed! There are so many girl clothes!! But I am excited I can buy more than three styles of shirts, like I can only do with McKay. I've already bought the cutest little romper and jacket. As for names, we are at a total loss. Danny and I had no problems picking out boys' names, but girls' names are really hard for us. Here's a few ultrasound pictures, hope you enjoy them!

Here's the best profile we were able to get. She was moving around like crazy. Her hand is right by her mouth, and the woman doing the ultrasound said that she has my nose. I have no idea how she can tell.
She's saying hi! I love that!

11 comments:

Emily said...

CONGRATS!!!
How exciting for you guys! I just LOVE ultrasound pictures, and it looks like you guys got some good ones. I know what you mean about boy clothes, I'm so sick to death of stripes. I love shopping for girls!! There is so much cute stuff!!

Our Pratt Pack said...

I totally told Todd the night before it was going to be a girl! I'm so excited for you! I was so ready for a change to buy boy stuff, but I'm already over it and ready to girl shop once more!! There's a bag of girl stuff at Mimi's that was for my cousin and it didn't get to her in time so I'll tell them to send it your way!

Miriam said...

Yeah for girls! You're right, girl stuff is so much more fun and there is so much more of it! We're also having a hard time deciding on a name since we only had one girl name, Hannah, and as you know this is already being used by her older sister! Good luck and if you have some good ones you're not going to use pass them on!

Dan & Ashley said...

Congrats! I'm so excited you are having a girl. It's funny that you can't think of names, because I had tons of names picked out for a girl and it was hard to find a boy one both of us liked. Good luck with that!

Becca Jane said...

I"m so excited for you! I have been trying to fight the urge to spend all my money on baby girl clothes for you. I'm sure you guys will pick an adorable name.

Breanna said...

Yeah for you! I am still so excited that you are having a baby, yet alone a girl! I do have a hard time believing that those ultra sound pictures came from you cause you are so tiny still! Such a cutie, you can tell all ready! :)

Becca said...

You know we are so excited for you! When we were at Children's Place shopping for the boys, there were SOOOO many cute things for girls. It's going to be hard cause I don't know how I'll choose what to get you! We want to shop for all the girl stuff as much as we do for our boys. :)

Joseph, Julianna, Mason and Eli said...

YAY! Joseph and I are opposite, we only have girls names picked out. I love dresses and sandals and bows and pink!

James said...

Emily will have to give you guys some of the girl clothes she has bought in vain for each of our babies.

Becca Jane said...

Hey! I love his camo pants too. I bought them used from a lady, but the brand is Cherokee. How are you feeling? I'm so excited for your little baby girl!

Nachelle said...

Hello! So we just found your blog and it was so fun to see and read and catch up on you two. Congrats on the baby girl, we love girls, and they are really fun to shop for!! Looks like you guys are doing great, I love blogs, it is so fun when you find people you haven't seen for awhile! Anyway, hope you guys are well, and feel free to check out our blog and www.jayandnachelle.blogspot.com