Friday, May 2, 2008

We are alive!

I am ashamed that I haven't blogged for almost two months now! We haven't been especially busy, but I haven't felt the itch to be on the computer at all. I've had lots of things to blog about, but then I waited too long and then I was overwhelmed and then always tired (I so wish I got that burst of energy that you are suppose to get in you second trimester). So I am now trying to redeem our blog with a little update, and I hope you all won't give up on me. My goal is not to have my next blog of the baby coming!


McKay in now almost 28 months. He talks up a storm and repeats everything, and I mean everything, he hears. He then repeats the word at least 15 times before moving on. I love seeing him soak up all this new knowledge. He's been in a twin sized bed now for a couple of months, and is so proud announcing that he slept the whole night there to me every morning. He loves it. He is a basketball junkie, and begs at our back door to play 'hoops' all day. Danny's heart melts for this.

McKay also loves 'American Idol.' Danny and I are starting not to because Jason is still on the show. But every time we turn it on, McKay looks through his toy basket, finds this cone, and sings and dances around. This melts my heart! Sometimes he goes for the ultra high notes, and end up screaming at the top of his lungs to match the pitch.

McKay in his Easter/Spring outfit. He just needs argyle socks, oxfords, a 'Newsies' hat, and a country club membership and I think he's ready.


We've been down to see my family in Utah a couple of times the last few months. The first time, for Easter and Spring Break and then for Brett's, my brother-in-law, graduation. McKay loves the car now, for the most part, and loves his cousins. He follows Aidan around wanting to be just like him, and he loves baby Ethan. McKay will be a such a sweet big brother I think.




Danny is staying ultra busy with teaching and umpiring baseball games. He thought umpiring would be a fun way to earn some extra cash, but didn't like it at all. Too much pressure, he says. He's also busy planning summer basketball. Sometimes I wonder if we will ever have a break, but I am proud of his dedication. He loves to play and read with McKay under their 'fort'. McKay can't wait for Dad to come home, especially for this, because I get too hot under the blanket.

I am now 7 months pregnant. I've been busy spring cleaning, reading (I just finished The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver, and it is one of my all time favorites now) and getting ready for this baby. Sometimes I feel ready for her, but then I think I have 3 months and hyperventilate a little. I just had an check-up. I passes my glucose test, and celebrated by making brownies, and got a 3-D ultrasound. I love her cheek and nose. I also love that I'm already falling in love with her. I think I was too much of a worry-wart with McKay to do that. I'm trying to calm down. I do love shopping for her and am looking forward to a shower that a couple of my good friends here are throwing for me next week. We are having a hard time deciding on a name still, so if any of you have any names that you love, and that you wouldn't mind us stealing, send them our way!

11 comments:

Emily said...

That is the cutest ultrasound picture I have ever seen. Oh she's so sweet!! So, Easton has a friend named Emery, and I love that name. I tried to et my cousin to use it but she chose Lily instead.

The picture of the boys laughing is so cute, and so is Mckay's Easter outfit!

Glad you're back to blogging!

Becca said...

Good to have you back! I love the basketball picture of McKay- I miss that boy so much! And sweet baby girl! What a cute picture of her! I love her already too and can't wait to meet her! Looking forward to more posts on a regular basis. :) Love you !

Our Pratt Pack said...

I too LOVE the bball pic of McKay too cute and I love the part where you celebrate your glucose test by eating brownies I always thought failing that one would be the death of me... can't wait to see the next post!

Becca Jane said...

yay for the update! I loved it! McKay is SO cute. Cameron is starting to talk a TON as well. Ignore my recent posts about potty-training....ugh. I cannot wait to meet your little girl...any names yet?
We should chat soon, I miss you!

Becca Jane said...

Yeah I think the book would work later on. Cam was a tad too young to understand the concepts....like how the doll had accidents and stuff.
Nate and I have 3 girl names that I LOVE. I'm so excited that you're having a girl!

The Roderick Family said...

How about Claire? I love the pictures. McKay is a mini Danny!

Becca said...

Don't use Claire. I'm reserving that one. :) Just kidding (sort of)

Ben & Diane said...

Oh man......Ben and I are having the hardest time picking out a name for ours too. Ben doesn't like what I like and I don't like what he likes. I'm afraid we are going to be stuck with no name. I never got energy either so I feel your pain. 8 more weeks for me and I can't wait because everything hurts right now. McKay is so grown-up and so handsome!

Becca Jane said...

I LOVE talking about baby names, I could do it all day. Our girl names are Kate, Allie or Jane. I'm not sure which one I like the most. Are you guys talking about any names?

The Fuhrmann's said...

It was good seeing you today and glad that you are still living.

Kristy said...

Loved the update, Jordan! Just the sort of summary I needed, since I visit so rarely (sorry). Glad to hear everyone's doing well; that picture of McKay singing into his cone along with American Idol was hilarious! And I loved how Danny and him have their special fort time together. So cute. Daddies are the best. Congrats on the new baby girl! Good luck with finding the right name. We look forward to the next post of her arrival! ;)