Sunday, November 4, 2007

A Celebration for Life As We Know is Over

The time has finally come. Danny starts basketball on Monday. We are excited, and a little nervous for what these next few months are going to be like . We are not new to the coaching thing, but are new to the varsity coaching thing. So to savor the last few days of good family time, Danny took a personal day on Friday and we headed to the Boise Zoo. This was McKay's first trip to the zoo. He liked all the birds and cats, and especially the huge tortoise, but kept asking where the 'doggie' was. This zoo is pretty small, so there were no big animals to amaze him. We did get to be one of the first people to see the new baby gibbon (a type of a monkey, is case you didn't know, because I didn't!). She was so cute. After the zoo, we had lunch and then headed to the factory outlets, because we were so close anyway. But really, I'll take any excuse to go there. And I found a $2.00 oh so cute shirt! One of the rare times in our marriage that Danny out spent me. The day was so fun, I think we'll make this a tradition.


There were lots of animals for kids to play on, but this one was the only one McKay would go near to.


"Get me out of this dinosaur egg!"

Our silly McKay

7 comments:

Becca said...

I'm SO glad you guys got to have a day together before the crazyness starts. We love taking Aidan to the zoo- we'll have to go this spring when you are down and take McKay and Ethan. It's fun to see all the pictures from this month. You guys all looked so cute on Halloween! We're looking forward to you coming this month!

Emily said...

Hey, I just got all caught up on your blog and it is so cute!

That's great that Danny is coaching varsity, but you're right...he'll probably be busy! I never went to the Boise zoo while we lived there and I always wanted to. It looks like you guys had fun. And I love McKay's costume and your cute striped tights!

Miriam said...

Cute! McKay is so cute! Sorry you won't get to see Danny for a while. Hope you make it through!

Our Pratt Pack said...

It's good you all got to get out before the craziness starts

Joseph, Julianna, Mason and Eli said...

Sometimes you just need a day off. Joseph and I get one next weekend when we go to Idaho for Elder Bird's wedding. We wanted to come see you but it's on the other side of Idaho by Rexburg. :( But we're excited to see you at Thanksgiving! I am so amazed at how big McKay is getting!

Ben & Diane said...

It's so great to have family time. We really miss Boise now that we're gone. It's a shame that their zoo is so small but McKay probably doesn't even realize it. I can't believe how much he looks like Danny.

Miriam said...

Oh, BTW You have been tagged. Check out my blog for what you're supposed to do. Can't wait to hear all about you (and Danny if you want)!