Saturday, November 3, 2007

Happy October!

October has been a busy month for us. Every time we would do something blog-worthy, life would pick up so I couldn't post what I wanted too. So now I'm making up for that. The month started by going to the pumpkin patch. We have a great farmers market about 10 minutes away and they do tractor rides out to the pumpkin patch where you can pick your own pumpkins. McKay loved just sitting in the dirt pounding on the pumpkins like they were drums. I found a white pumpkin which I think is so cute.



This is McKay saying "cheese!"


"I found you!" McKay says this when he finds something he's looking for. A ball, his blanket, and the pumpkin.
I thought he would love a ride in the wagon, but it kind of looks like he's holding on for dear life.

The farmers set up an area full of pumpkins and hay bails to take fun pictures with. I love McKay's face, even though he's screaming for us to go.
When the time came for carving the pumpkins, McKay was really excited about the whole thing, until he realized what was involved. he spent the night on the couch eating Cheerios while Danny and I carved. I think we did a pretty good job.


Danny finished football and also got to go to a basketball clinic at Pepperdine University, in Malibu, CA. The trip was short, but that was good because he left the same day all the fires started. As for me, I've been busy reading. The girls in my ward put together a book club and our first book was "Twilight" by Stephenie Meyer. I loved, loved, loved it, and the other two books in the series. If you haven't read these books, it is a must!! The symphony I'm in performed our first concert series of the season. We play for a bunch of schools, so in three days we performed seven concerts. Whew! To make things harder, right before the concerts my violin bow broke. The tip had been cracked for a while and it finally broke in two. What a sad day. I thought the bow's life was over because the material it's made of isn't a simple fix, but I sent it to the makers and they just called the other day to tell me that they are fixing it under warranty. Yea! My mom sent me an old bow to use in the mean time, but I'm so excited to get my nice bow back. and also, I've been substituting a few times for a couple of college music classes for another teacher. I'm glad I've had many opportunities to teach and play this month, but even more glad not to send McKay to a sitter so much this month (Breanna- Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!)

2 comments:

Becca said...

I love the picture of McKay in all the pumpkins! I wish our pumpkin patch did that. Course-Aidan probably wouldn't hold still long enough for me to take the picture. :)

Our Pratt Pack said...

I haven't been online in forever. Cute pictures though, and I too loved the twilight series! I read all 3 while I was at the hospital with Boston!