Saturday, November 3, 2007

Happy Halloween!


Danny and I were a little nervous how Halloween would go this year, considering McKay has been terrified of all things Halloween. We were even more worried when Danny went to put on McKay's monkey costume. McKay starting crying like he had been hurt so I ran into the room to see what the matter was and asked what happened. Danny said, "I took the pants off the hanger." Once the costume was on, all was well and McKay liked being 'George.' Danny was a vampire, and I was a preppy witch. I was confused though with a teenager (I have no idea what that person was thinking) and Pippy Longstocking. I liked my costume though. We first went to our ward's Trunk or Treat. McKay's nursery leader dressed up as a scary witch (I was even a little nervous around her.) She even took out her teeth, which made it a little too real. McKay was not sure about her at all and I'm praying all our hard work to get McKay to like nursery isn't out the door. After that, we then went to our friends Halloween party. Danny made his oh-so-good french fries and I was reminded why we don't own a fryer anymore. They are too good! McKay loved running around with all the kids. I loved this, because he doesn't do that often. The day turned out very fun and I'm glad McKay enjoyed it too.

"I'm ready to go!"
Dad kind of looks like a meat head vampire.

McKay has loved his jack-o-lantern pail all month. He would hold it like a purse and collect his things in it. One night I found a few blocks, a cracker, a sippy cup, a book, and a football all in it. so cute. On Halloween though, he wanted nothing to do with it, and I got to carry it.

The hood got to be too much.


We are with our good friends, Breanna and Landon. McKay loves London, and wakes up in the morning sometimes saying "LanLan?" They are so cute and I think so are we!

3 comments:

Miriam said...

Cute costumes. I guess next year we'll attempt the trick-or-treating with Hannah. She was too young this year and I'm sure would have been scared to death of the scary costumes.

Joseph, Julianna, Mason and Eli said...

Your costume was cute! As well as McKay and Danny's. Happy Halloween!

Tiffany said...

Hey guys! Long time no chat. I just thought that I would say hello. I found you guys through Jens blog and it was nice to see your little family. I love to see college friends with their little families now. We are all just growin up!! Anyways, good luck with all that you guys are up too!