Sunday, August 5, 2007

The Best Week of the Summer

My most favorite summer holiday is the 24th of July, but only if we celebrate it in Spanish Fork, Utah. I'm a huge sucker for the whole parade, carnival, city fair thing, and I think McKay loves it as much as I do.


Dancing to the marching band at the parade.



McKay loves suckers. I think I have about ten suckers stuffed in diaper bags, purses, and the car in case of an emergency.


Finally getting a sip of that lemonade.



McKay loves his daddy. I don't know what I'm going to do when school starts.


Later on in the week, the whole Wing clan (Jordan's family) headed to Lincoln City, Oregon for a family reunion. Since our house was the perfect half way point everyone stayed the night so we could do the trip in two days. I don't recommend 12 people living in a two bedroom, 1 bath duplex. It was a bit crowded. We rented a house in Lincoln City, and that was perfect. The sun was out with no wind, and it was only 70 degrees! It was heaven! We were there only for a weekend, so most of our time was spent on the beach. I think if we lived near the coast McKay would be a true beach bum. As soon as we got there McKay nose dived into the ocean. Danny and I are glad he is fearless, but man! He makes us nervous!! Also, I wouldn't be surprised if a pearl showed up in his diaper one of these days because of all the sand he ate.

We are glad to be home now, and can't believe Danny starts school in a week! We are also so excited about our new nephew, Ethan Michael, from Jordan's sister, Becca. What a doll!





2 comments:

Our Pratt Pack said...

Glad to see you're up and blogging again ... we love seeing pics of McKay all the time. This blog thing's great

Kristy said...

I wish we celebrated the 24th of July, but nobody barely blinks an eye when the day comes. Too bad! Carnivals, parades and fairs are the essences of summer!

We just got back from vacationing in Oregon too as a big family reunion. We even stopped in Lincoln City one day for lunch on our way up the coast. Lucky you got sunshine - for us, it was cloudy, very windy and cold. But so beautiful! I was dying to play in the sand myself, but not bad enough to want to be cold, wet and muddy! Such fun though!