Sunday, August 19, 2007

Our News

Well, most of you have heard our news, but I wanted to record it also. A couple weeks ago Danny went to a ward council meeting to represent the Sunday school presidency on Sunday morning. While McKay and I were getting ready for church, the stake presidency called and set up an appointment with us for after church. When Danny got home and I told him we had an appointment, we realized that the 2nd counselor in the bishopric was moving that week. We got nervous, but tried not to think about what this interview might be about. But you guessed it, Danny was called to be the 2nd counselor in our bishopric. Little overwhelming, Huh? Today was the first Sunday I was a "church widow" (as the bishop calls it). McKay was really good for me, except when he saw Dad on the stand and realized that he was staying there and we were staying in our seat. I'm a little nervous for what this calling might ask, but grateful for the opportunities Danny and I will have. And we've already been blessed- McKay stayed in nursery the whole time without us for the first time today! That's been some work, so hooray!
When Chip and Karla (Danny's parents) heard what was going on, they came right out. We were so happy to have them with us for a few days.
We were also excited for Danny's early birthday present- a new, huge barbecue. We love it and felt so spoiled by Chip and Karla.

And here we are on Danny's first official day. Doesn't he look great in his new suit?

Danny seems to be doing really well with this change. I'm sure it will get rough when coaching and school starts. He couching three sports this year- middle school football, high school girls basketball (of course) and middle school track and field. Thanks so much to everyone for the support and encouragement. It was much appreciated.

4 comments:

Becca said...

Your pictures are so cute! Brett will be jealous of your fancy shmancy bbq- looks like fun. I love you!
Becca & Family

Emily said...

Hey congrats on the calling, that is really great! It's nice the McKay can go to nursery, so even if he has a hard time in Sacrament meeting, the last 2 hours of church you can hopefully enjoy!

I hope you'll be teaching those middle school girls the picket fence. I would expect nothing less!

Ben & Diane said...

Congratulations on the calling. I am not surprised in the slightest. Danny will do well with it. I can't imagine Danny as a coach. I mean I am sure he is good at what he does but I've only ever seen the funny side of him. He probably laughs when one of his girls shoots an airball. BTW, cute pics.
Diane

James said...

Best food I have ever tasted! Your grill is a big responsibility, but your family will be blessed for it.