Monday, January 7, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday, McKay!!

Danny and I can't believe our baby boy is two years old today! Time goes by so quickly. The day was quiet but good. We had McKay's well-baby appointment, which was fine minus McKay's screaming and crying the whole way through. The doctor's office is a hard place for McKay, which is too bad because we have the sweetest doctor. Then we played with our friends Landon and his dog Penny, (a dachshund that McKay can't get enough of). I think McKay's favorite part of the day was having jo-jo's for lunch and dinner.


McKay loved the farm we gave him, but I think he liked wearing the box on his head just as much. We also gave him a Lighting McQueen car. It was suppose to make noises but nothing was sounding at the store, so I liked it even more and we got it for 50% off. Well, when Danny took the car out of the packaging for McKay, the car starting making all the sounds that we though it shouldn't. McKay will be disappointed in the morning when McQueen is suddenly silent again.

I made this cake for a family birthday party we had for McKay while we were in Utah. I was so proud how cute it turned out. McKay liked being sung to, but didn't eat a bite of cake. So today I made really yummy coconut cupcakes thinking the story would be different. No such luck. Fun songs, but no on the dessert. I was a little disappointed, but I guess we are in two-year-old world now.
Danny and I love our little boy so much. I love watching him grow and discover new things everyday, and feel so blessed to be his mama. Have a wonderful year son!!

7 comments:

Becca said...

He seems to be enjoying his cupcake in that picture. :) Enjoy the two's. I don't think they are all that terrible and I'd take a room full of two year olds over a three year old any day. :) Happy Birthday McKay!! We love you!

Becca Jane said...

He's so cute! Crazy how fast time flies! Cam turns 18 months tomorrow. I love reading your blog, you should write more often! Love you!

Breanna said...

How fun! I died laughing at the McQueen story!! I would totally do the same thing. It looks like you guys had a great time celebrating, and we loved spending time with you before we left. Thanks for coming by. We are definately going to have to play when we get back... and finish your projects!

Dustin & Sarah Nielsen said...

Happy Birtday McKay! Hello Danny and Jordan! I have seen your blog for a little while I finally decided to leave a comment congrads on everything that has happened in the last 3 years or so drop me a line some time
Dustin

Joseph, Julianna, Mason and Eli said...

Happy Birthday McKay! He is so stinkin cute! I like your cute new layout too.

Emily said...

Happy Birthday McKay! He's so cute! Your cake looks awesome by the way...too bad he didn't want to eat it!
I think it's so funny that you wanted the car when it didn't make noises...that is so how I would think too..so funny!

Jessica said...

He is so cute! They grow up too fast! Everyone tells you that, and it is so true. Hope y'all are well and having a great new year!