Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy 2008!

We have reached our one year anniversary of blogging. So exciting! I guess I better make this blog a good one!
We are finally setting back into normal life after the Christmas break. Christmas was celebrated in Utah. It was so good to be with all of my family. We loved everything about our visit minus the bitter cold. I though I really missed Utah winters, but it was just too cold. It was nice to come back to Ontario in our 30 degree weather. I never though that would be much better, but it is!

Christmas Eve was filled with our usual activities, including all of us singing and playing Christmas carols on our instruments. McKay loved helping out by playing the piano, sitting on Papa's lap playing the guitar, whining at my feet (the usual when I play violin. He can't handle my attention going toward something else) and dancing. This dance move kind of looks like a karate move though.

This was McKay's favorite spot Christmas morning, behind the Christmas tree. McKay's favorite present was the Nemo fruit snacks in his stockings, mine was a new coat and Danny's was the two pairs of kacki (sp?) pants (he just can't get enough of those. He's such a teacher!)
Right before we left Utah, we all went to the Bean Museum at BYU (minus Danny who had to go home early for basketball practice). It was fun to see McKay get excited about all the animals (all are dead and stuffed). Everything time he passed the bear he had to give a big 'roar!' to show he wasn't scared. The reptiles weren't a big hit. He's so my son when it comes to that area.


The new year was celebrate with a bunch of people from our ward. I always feel that's it's so hard to stay up until midnight on New Year's Eve. This is weird because I go to bed around midnight most nights. New Years day McKay had to break in his new snow pants, so Danny and McKay went out to play some football. McKay loved being outside but didn't like his cold hands. So when Danny took him inside he threw a royal fit because he still wanted to be outside. Life is so confusing for a toddler!
2007 was such a good year, and I have a good feeling about 2008. One wonderful thing we have to look forward to in 2008 is we'll expect another baby around July 20th. We went the doctor yesterday and got to hear a healthy heartbeat. That is so exciting. My first trimester is almost over which I can't wait for. Morning sickness (which last all day) and being tired all the time is not the best. Hopefully not much longer!

7 comments:

Spencer Family said...

Congratulations on baby number two! That is so exciting. Mckay is adorable! Jordan's favorite part of Christmas morning were the fruit snacks in his stocking too.

Kristy said...

Aaaah! Congratulations, you guys!! That is so wonderful. Hopefully McKay will like his new brother/sister - I mean, if he can't handle you playing the violin...

Becca Jane said...

I love reading your blog! I know what you mean about the fickle toddler behavior! Congrats on the new baby! What names do you like?

Our Pratt Pack said...

I love the pic of McKay doing his karate dance moves so cute! We miss you guys a ton and can't wait to see what #2 will be!!

Becca said...

I love the karate move. I'm jealous that you got McKay out in the snow. I keep wanting to take Aidan out and it's been so cold. Maybe today or tomorrow. We miss you guys!!

The Fuhrmann's said...

I love the picture of McKay with the bear. Also, him outside with the football. You can tell he is his father's son.

Ben & Diane said...

Yea! I loved this whole post and CONGRATULATIONS!! We are having our third due July 18th. I know what you mean. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. McKay looked simply adorable for his birthday too.